Installing and Booting¶
Installing Distribution Files¶
$ unzip keycloak-9.0.3.zip or $ tar -xvzf keycloak-9.0.3.tar.gz
> unzip keycloak-9.0.3.zip
Booting the Server¶
$ cd bin $ ./standalone.sh
Creating the Admin Account¶
Log in to the Admin Console¶
Creating a Realm and User¶
Creating a New Realm¶
- From the Master drop-down menu, click Add Realm. When you are logged in to the master realm this drop-down menu lists all existing realms.
Securityin the Name field and click Create.
Creating a New User¶
- From the menu, click Users to open the user list page.
- On the right side of the empty user list, click Add User to open the add user page.
- Enter a name in the Username field; this is the only required field. Flip the Email Verified switch from Off to On and click Save to save the data and open the management page for the new user.
- Click the Credentials tab to set a temporary password for the new user.
- Type a new password and confirm it. Click Reset Password to set the user password to the new one you specified.
This password is temporary and the user will be required to change it after the first login. To create a password that is persistent, flip the Temporary switch from On to Off before clicking Reset Password.
User Account Service¶
- After you create the new user, log out of the management console by opening the user drop-down menu and selecting Sign Out.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/auth/realms/Security/account and log in to the User Account Service of your
Securityrealm with the user you just created.
- Type the username and password you created. You will be required to create a permanent password after you successfully log in, unless you changed the Temporary setting to Off when you created the password.
Securing a JBoss Servlet Application¶
To start the Keycloak server while also adjusting the port:
$ cd bin $ ./standalone.sh -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=100
> ...\bin\standalone.bat -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=100
After starting Keycloak, go to http://localhost:8180/auth/admin/ to access the admin console.